I have a penchant for soft-wired sconces, and this brass swing arm lamp is one of my favorites. I developed the design when a client requested a fixture with a 20" projection. We looked at several sconces from around the world for inspiration, and simplified our design until we ended up with this classy and playful fixture.
- hand-crafted from solid brass. I polish the brass by hand and cover it with a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax. Over time the brass will darken and patina.
- UL listed porcelain socket rated for 660W 125V/250V
- Socket swivels 90 degrees and rotates 340 degrees
- Adjustable arm may be raised or lowered in the central tube
- Soft-wire (plug in) version pictured. Comes with a 60" black fabric twist cord and North American plug. An in-line toggle switch is on the cord 18" below the fixture.
- Cord color, switch mechanism, and plug type may be customized, please send me a message prior to ordering and we can coordinate :)
- Hard-wire version available for installation into wall junction box
- 5" diameter backplate, 8" height, 20" maximum projection from wall
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made from solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster. The brass will darken and patina with age. I absolutely love the look of naturally aged brass, but if you prefer the bright gold you can clean it up with Brasso or Barkeepers Friend every six months or so.
For more information on how to care for brass, check out my blog post here:
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)